Pages

Followers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Powdered Snow : Konayuki (^_^)

The season in which the powdered snow dances always passes by
Even if I’m lost in a crowd I can see the same sky
Even though I'm chilled as if I'm being blown by the wind

I don't know anything(1) about you, do I?
And yet, I found you amongst a billion(2) people
There's no (scientific) basis for this, but I believe this with all seriousness

We can't live at the same time without trivial fights
If I can't be honest, then rapture and sorrow are meaningless

Powdered snow, if you paled me white to the heart
Can you share our loneliness?

I pressed my ear against your heart
Going gently, deeply towards where the sound (is coming from)
(That's where) I want to disembark, 
There, we'll meet once again

I want us to reach rapport but I was the (only) one who touched its surface 
The only thing that was holding us together was my hand squeezing yours that was numb with cold
Powdered snow, in front (of us), eternity, too fragilely, becomes a stain upon rough asphalt 

Powdered snow, this heart that has transcended time is faltering
And yet, I want to continue to protect you

Powdered snow, if you paled me white to the heart
You would wrap around our loneliness and send it back into the sky

(1) lit. Everything. 
(2) lit. A hundred million. Japanese number splitting are different in that it goes from a thousand (sen) to ten thousand (man) to a hundred million (oku) instead of the thousand, million and billion we're used to. I just made this a billion to parallel what I call a "numberless number" i.e. one of those numbers that doesn't have other number names in it like a hundred, thousand, etc.

粉雪
Konayuki

粉雪舞う季節はいつもすれ違い
konayuki mau kisetsu wa itsumo surechigai 
人混みに紛れても同じ空見てるのに
hitogomi ni magiretemo onaji sora miteru noni
風に吹かれて 似たように凍えるのに
kaze ni fukarete nita you ni kogoeru noni 

僕は君の全てなど知ってはいないだろう
boku wa kimi no subete nado shitte wa inai darou
それでも一億人から君を見つけたよ
soredemo ichioku nin kara kimi wo mitsuketa yo 
根拠はないけど本気で思ってるんだ
konkyo wa nai kedo honki de omotterunda

些細な言い合いもなくて同じ時間を生きてなどいけない
sasai na iiai mo nakute onaji jikan wo ikite nado ikenai 
素直になれないなら 喜びも悲しみも虚しいだけ
sunao ni narenai nara yorokobi mo kanashimi mo munashii dake

粉雪 ねえ 心まで白く染められたなら
konayuki nee kokoro made shiroku somerareta nara 
二人の孤独を分け合う事が出来たのかい
futari no kodoku wo wakeau koto ga dekita no kai ? 

僕は君の心に耳を押し当てて
boku wa kimi no kokoro ni mimi wo oshiatete 
その声のする方へすっと深くまで
sono koe no suru hou he sutto fukaku made 
下りてゆきたい そこでもう一度会おう
orite yukitai soko de mou ichido aou 

分かり合いたいなんて 上辺を撫でていたのは僕の方
wakariaitai nante uwabe wo nadeteita no wa boku no hou 
君のかじかんだ手も 握りしめることだけで繋がってたのに
kimi no kajikanda te mo nigirishimeru koto dake de tsunagatteta noni 

粉雪 ねえ 永遠を前にあまりに脆く
konayuki nee eien wo mae ni amari ni moroku 
ざらつくアスファルトの上シミになってゆくよ
zaratsuku asufaruto no ue shimi ni natteyuku yo 

粉雪 ねえ 時に頼りなく心は揺れる
konayuki nee toki ni tayori naku kokoro wa yureru 
それでも僕は君のこと守り続けたい
soredemo boku wa kimi no koto mamori tsuzuketai 

粉雪 ねえ 心まで白く染められたなら
konayuki nee kokoro made shiroku somerareta nara 
二人の孤独を包んで空にかえすから
futari no kodoku wo tsutsunde sora ni kaesu kara



Just want to sharing a sweet song from film One Litre of Tears :)





No comments: